Thursday, June 30, 2011
I have always told my brides for years to look into claiming some of your wedding items on your taxes. Well, I found this post on Project Wedding website. Take a look and hopefully it will help my Glammie brides. ;)
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Fresh hit NYC this past week June 23 & 25, 2011. They traveled in their Super cute Kiss & Tell truck throughout NYC doing demos and showing folks their great products and how to get kissable lips. I was able to track the truck down by Twitter and stood in line with my hubby. We tried their Sugar Lip Polish & Sugar Lip Treatment and left with super soft and healthy looking lips. After our fantastic Fresh experience we were gifted a free Lip Treatment.
The hubby liked it so much that he even surprised me with a juicy soft kiss in the car the next day and asked if I noticed anything. Thanks Fresh! ;)
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
The Makeup Show in NYC took place May 15-16, 2011. This was my second year attending this beauty professional-only show. At this amazing show you'll find cosmetics and skin care lines from all over the world. Some names that were at the show this year were Smashbox, Model In A Bottle, Mario Badescu (first year at The Makeup Show), MAC, Makeup Forever, OCC, Dinair, and a lot more. And it's not just about the makeup but also the fine and hard working folks that get this show together every year. The Powder Group that have some of the top industry people working with them such as Michael DeVellis and James Vincent had a ground breaking set-up of top name industry leaders providing seminars, all day workshops & hands on workshops, and exclusive products unveiling for just this show.
I was invited to the Blogger Event that was the day before the show that gave bloggers, vloggers, and other folks the opportunity to see who and what items were going to be at this year's show. It was really great to meet some of my fellow people and really fun with host James Vincent. The first day of the show I noticed that there were A LOT more companies that participated and a lot more people that attended than the previous year. The house was packed and jumping. It was hard to get into some of the displays to try to shop and view items at certain lines such as Makeup Forever, Crown Brushes, Dinair, Inglot, OCC, and a few others that were really popping.
The Makeup Show Chicago
A month later, on June 12-13 was the first ever show in Chicago, my hometown. Of course I had to go represent and support my Midwest folks. We drove out there from the East Coast since we were going to be in town for a few days and it was all about the show and business. We drove overnight to get there on time for the Blogger Event so I could meet up with my Midwest bloggers, vloggers, MUAs, and cosmetics line owners. Of course we had James Vincent as our lovely host and a few special guests such as vloggers Enkore & Pursebuzz.
There were more people than what I expected for the first show in Chicago which was great and the vibe was perfect. It was more laid back than NYC and you were able to look at products and talk to folks a bit better. I really didn't buy anything since all my shopping was done in NYC but I took advantage of talking with some well known people in the industry and took some seminars and workshops. I was happy and proud of the show and the way things turned out.
I wanted to say Thank You & Congrats to The Powder Group & to Melody O'Flaherty from Melody Joy PR for all their hard work and for having such a great year. I'm definitely looking forward to next year's shows!
Model In A Bottle
Lauren QueenOfBlending and I
James Vincent hosting the Blogger Event In Chicago
Danessa Myricks owner of Ruby Kisses
The sweetest thing you can ever meet Erik w/ Glamcor
Last but not least Mr. Sam Fine
NYX has came out with a set that's a tribute to Jersey. The Haute Jersey Leopard Couture set includes shadows, bronzers of course, blush, and lip glosses. $25 Info below courtesy of NYX.
Stylish, sassy, and tan live the fabulous Guidette lifestyle! The Haute Jersey palette screams beautiful, fun, and sizzle! The palette offers four bronzers to provide a tanned glow through the seasons, duo gloss for a va-va-voom kisser, 24 shadows for those “come hither” eyes, and blush to make the boys think they’re in the game! Eye shadow applicators included. This is your best weapon to hit the beach and parties! Also amazing gifts for your BFFs.
Friday, June 24, 2011
Here is my well package box of my order of MAC's Bloggers Obsession. Below are swatches starting with Tinted Lipglasses.
Front top to bottom.
Evolution Revolution by
Sparkle Neely, Sparkle by
Hocus Pocus by
Jealousy Wakes by
Parisian Skies by
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Tarte True Blood LE Palette $52
This set contains:
17 limited-edition eye shadows include:
- 17 x 0.07 oz eye shadows
- 0.003 oz True Blood™ EmphasEYES Aqua-Gel Eyeliner in Black
- 0.1 oz True Blood™ Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara in Black
- 0.08 oz True Blood™ Lifted Natural Eye Primer
The Light (shimmering warm ivory), Fairy (shimmering pink), Dusk (matte warm taupe), Dawn (shimmering gold dust), Werewolf (matte chocolate), Waitress (sparkling pink champagne), Nocturnal (sparkling deep indigo), Charmer (sparkling burnt copper), Glamour Me (sparkling deep plum), Stake (matte steel), Bayou (shimmering golden tan), Telepath (sparkling warm rose), The True Death (sparkling silver), Immortal (sparkling midnight black), Moss (shimmering forest green), Legend (deep matte black), "V" (sparkling crimson).
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Glammies, fellow bloggers, vloggers, and everyone that loves makeup. MAC has released the Bloggers Obsessions Collection. Nine well know bloggers were asked by MAC to come to their lab and create 1 product to represent them. Below are eye shadows and lipglass colors that the bloggers made and links to their blogs. Swatches coming soon.
Eye Shadows $14.50
Parisian Skies by
Jealousy Wakes by
Hocus Pocus by
Sparkle Neely, Sparkle by
Tinted Lipglass $14.50
Evolution Revolution by
Thursday, June 9, 2011
On my bi-weekly visit to Ulta I came across a display with Essence Blossoms Etc collection. Now let me rewind really quick to that morning. I just had a discussion with the hubby that I needed new perfume and that he had to buy me one. Now, yes I can get demanding at times but he has an IOU from years ago that he hasn't fulfilled. So that being said, when I came across this display I saw that this collection has a fragrance. I got excited and went on a spray rage. lol Thank goodness I like the scent after I was done. The scent is a light floral sweet scent (note list not available) that's perfect for the summer. Cost was only $9.99 but used my Ulta coupon for $3.50 off. Available at Ulta Stores. Hubby is lucky I saved him some money on this trip.
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Glammies you're probably tired of hearing (on twitter) me say this but YES, it's wedding season. That being said here is some advice I can give my Glammies bride's to be about your hair and makeup services.
1. As important it is for your reception site, church, and dress, researching and booking for your hair & makeup is as important. Book you services 3 month or up to 1 year in advance. Last minute weddings are harder for us accommodate.
2. Make sure when your looking into your beauty services that you ask questions. Don't be shy. The following are a few examples.
- Make sure to call and speak to someone and find out more info about the person/business.
- How much experience do they have?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they sanitize, use disposable items, and clean brushes after each client?
- What type of skin care, makeup, and or hair products they use?
- Do they have a contract? I would recommend to only do business with a person/business that has contract to protect you both.
- Do they travel and how far are they willing to travel? Is there any travel fees and what are they? Parking fees?
- Is there extra charges for early starts or for holidays?
- If you need services (touch ups, change of makeup and or hair) through out the wedding ask about hourly fees or packages.
4. Getting a low price is not always the best service. Yes, getting service for $40 sounds great but think of the service/experience you might get and be dealing with.
5. For your trial make sure to bring pictures of styles that you like for your hair/makeup. Make sure to bring pictures that are clear and able to show to the stylist.
6. Bring any accessories such as veil, headpiece, or even hair pieces that you'll be used the day off.
7. On your wedding day you want to look like yourself but a bit better. You want to make sure when you look at your pictures in the future that you don't regret over doing your hair and or makeup.
8. Trials are about trying your wedding look. If you like or don't like something then this is your time to communicate that with your stylist. Again don't be shy, you won't hurt our feelings. Its our job to make sure that were on the same page for your wedding style and to make you look and feel beautiful!.
9. Once you have found the stylist of your dream, make sure to book him/her and sign a contract with them. You'll be able to workout details of start time and location at contract signing or a few weeks before the big day.
10. Ask your stylist about your lip color you have chosen for the wedding since that should be the only thing you'll need to touch up on. We are able to purchase for you or are able to give you the name and brand if you would like to purchase on your own.
11. Brides please don't skip on the gratuity. We worked hard to provide you with the skills and services you have asked from us. The normal going rate is 15-25% of the total of services provided.
12. Have fun! This is the day you've been planning for who knows how long so don't sweat the little things and enjoy!
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Glammies! I have a great opportunity for those of you in the Chicagoland area that are in the beauty industry. I was contacted by one of the organizer of The Makeup Show and was offered a FREE ticket to one of my lovely Glammies. Of course I took them up on this great freebie to offer to 1 lucky winner.
Now, I thought on how I would have this giveaway and decided to make it easy, short, and sweet. Here are the details and make sure you follow them correctly or your will not be counted. Must be in the beauty industry and might have to show proof at the door. Ticket is for 1 person on Sunday June 12, 2011. Giveaway will start on June 1-7, 2011 until 8 pm est. Winner will be contacted and has to send their info within 24 hours or it will go to the next person. Make sure you are a follower on this blog, twitter, and like our facebook page. Then under this post leave your name, email, phone number, and your name on twitter. No worries your info will not be published and will be deleted after the giveaway. FYI We will be checking to see if you are following all 3 pages. Simple enough right? Let's get start and best of luck to everyone!!!
About The Makeup Show:
The Makeup Show Chicago will bring together all beauty professionals in the Midwest to present the largest PRO-ONLY beauty event in Chicago! Chicago’s always emerging beauty industry can be seen as fashion forward complimenting the feel environment of The Makeup Show, which will deliver all the up and coming looks, trends, products and artists in the same pro-driven, artistically inspired community.
The Makeup Show Chicago 2011 is so excited to announce presenters Reggie Wells, Sam Fine, Joanna Schlip, Jinny, Johnny Lavoy, Crystal Wright and Michael DeVellis to name a few. Sponsors and Exhibitors- Make Up For Ever, Inglot, Stila, Crown Brush, Temptu, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, Yves Saint Laurent, Makeup First Academy, Kevyn Aucoin, Embryolisse, Glamcor, Iredale Mineral, Senna Cosmetics, Kett Cosmetics and many more!
The Makeup Show will bring together your top brands and inspirational artists and educators for two amazing days of community, career and craft building. Learn about the newest lines and product launches. Explore makeup workshops and discover school programs. Network with your peers. Develop new relationships and ignite your passion with the Windy City.
Info courtesy of The Makeup Show