The Makeup Show NYC & Chicago

Tuesday, June 28, 2011


The Makeup Show NYC

 The Makeup Show in NYC took place May 15-16, 2011. This was my second year attending this beauty professional-only show. At this amazing show you'll find cosmetics and skin care lines from all over the world. Some names that were at the show this year were Smashbox, Model In A Bottle, Mario Badescu (first year at The Makeup Show), MAC, Makeup Forever, OCC, Dinair, and a lot more. And it's not just about the makeup but also the fine and hard working folks that get this show together every year. The Powder Group that have some of the top industry people working with them such as Michael DeVellis and James Vincent had a ground breaking set-up of top name industry leaders providing seminars, all day workshops & hands on workshops, and exclusive products unveiling for just this show.

I was invited to the Blogger Event that was the day before the show that gave bloggers, vloggers, and other folks the opportunity to see who and what items were going to be at this year's show. It was really great to meet some of my fellow people and really fun with host James Vincent. The first day of the show I noticed that there were A LOT more companies that participated and a lot more people that attended than the previous year. The house was packed and jumping. It was hard to get into some of the displays to try to shop and view items at certain lines such as Makeup Forever, Crown Brushes, Dinair, Inglot, OCC, and a few others that were really popping.

The Makeup Show Chicago


A month later, on June 12-13 was the first ever show in Chicago, my hometown. Of course I had to go represent and support my Midwest folks. We drove out there from the East Coast since we were going to be in town for a few days and it was all about the show and business. We drove overnight to get there on time for the Blogger Event so I could meet up with my Midwest bloggers, vloggers, MUAs, and cosmetics line owners. Of course we had James Vincent as our lovely host and a few special guests such as vloggers Enkore & Pursebuzz.

There were more people than what I expected for the first show in Chicago which was great and the vibe was perfect. It was more laid back than NYC and you were able to look at products and talk to folks a bit better. I really didn't buy anything since all my shopping was done in NYC but I took advantage of talking with some well known people in the industry and took some seminars and workshops. I was happy and proud of the show and the way things turned out.

I wanted to say Thank You & Congrats to The Powder Group & to Melody O'Flaherty from Melody Joy PR for all their hard work and for having such a great year. I'm definitely looking forward to next year's shows!

NYC Show





















Model In A Bottle
















Dinair


















Lauren QueenOfBlending and I


















Chicago Show













James Vincent hosting the Blogger Event In Chicago














Danessa Myricks owner of Ruby Kisses















The sweetest thing you can ever meet Erik w/ Glamcor














 Last but not least Mr. Sam Fine


























0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara