Review Thursday w/ Olay Advanced Cleansing System

Thursday, February 17, 2011



When I heard about the new Olay Advanced Cleansing System I knew I had to have it and review it. I especially wanted to try it since I own a Clarisonic Mia and wanted to see how the 2 compare. Now Olay is comparing their new system to others and this is in their own words " is as effective as a system sold by skin professionals for nearly $200".*System with normal/dry cleanser. I purchased my system on Drugstore.com and got a great deal on it $23.99 (must be a new account to receive this price).












On first view I thought it was fairly small and reminded me of another system out there by DDF  (it's exactly the same $95). It came with batteries and a sample size of Olay Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser. It was really tough to open the bottom part where the batteries go and had to get my BF Peanut to open it for me. The system has 2 speeds and an on/off button. I attached the brush and did notice that it was a bit flimsy. 

It being waterproof I took it to the test and tried it out in the shower. I tried the first speed and felt like I needed a bit more power. I switched over to the higher speed and it felt better but again it felt like the brush would come off and it did. I applied it back and processed to finish my cleansing. 












After using it for 5 days I'm not loving it. The brush fell off 2 times and I enjoyed the cleanser better then the system. In my opinion I just didn't care for it and was really hope it would be better then it was. I think for the price it does it's job but the brush needs to updated to stay in place. I also wish the brush was anti-bacteria like the Clarisonic. So in my honest opinion as always I would give it a C-

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara